CURE Institute of Health Physics
RADIATION SAFETY COURSES
- Can your staff benefit from radiation safety by experienced professionals?
- Are you using good radiation safety procedures in compliance with the ALARA principle (radiation dose is As Low As Reasonably Achievable)?
- Do you have documentation of radiation safety training to help reduce liability for unwarranted radiation injury claims?
CURE Institute of Health Physics offers an extensive range of Radiation Safety Training courses. The training courses are available on-line and in classroom settings in the U.S. and Canada. The courses are also designed for varying levels of expertise from basic to advanced. Courses suitable for staff members from veterinary and dental practices with only one x-ray machine are available. At the same time courses suitable for staff members from large teaching hospitals and research facilities with an array of radiation generating machines and radioisotopes are also offered.
All classroom based courses include:
- CD of slide presentations
- Printed materials relevant to the course subject matter
The following classroom based courses are available from CURE Institute of Health Physics:
- Basic Radiation Safety
- Radiation Safety in Fluoroscopy - Patients and Staff
- Radiation Safety in CT - Patients and Staff
- ALARA for Physicians, Technologists and Patients
- Radiation Safety Officer Training
- Basic Radiation Safety Officer Training
- Radiation Safety for Veterinary Practices
- Transport of Radioactive Materials
- Radiation Safety in Non-destructive Testing
- Radiation Shielding Design
- Handling of Radioactive Materials in Medical Facilities
- Personnel Dosimetry
- Radiation Detection Instruments
For more information, contact:
Richard A. Oswald, Ph.D.
Director, CURE Institute of Health Physics
7643 Fullerton Road
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel: 949 212 7636 Fax: 703 451 0922
CURE main office: 877 987 CURE (2873)